It has now been 1 week since I arrived in Japan. It seems so much longer. Once school starts, I’m sure time will past by quite fast.
I visited my school today and met some of the teachers, principal and my host sister’s friend. I don’t remember any of their names >.< They just talked about the school rules and how the AFS girl from last year was quite active at school. I feel like they expect me to live up to that… I also got my uniform… well part of it. The tops fit but the skirt was slightly too tight >.< I felt so big T.T We went to get me measured for one plus I needed a blouse cause the ones they were gonna lend me were quite dirty. I guess I have unusually long arms and legs compared to Japanese ppl, according to the store owner. XD The uniform is quite cute, except the sweater they gave me was enormous. I know that school girls wear them baggy, but you could fit 2 of me in it and it would still be big. O well, my AFS chapter is paying for my uniform, which is so nice of them, since it gets rather expensive...
Afterwards, one of the AFS staff and I went downtown to the Ishikawa Prefectural International Exchange Center. They offer Japanese lessons there, and they said it would be a good idea to take them. I want to improve my Japanese as fast as possible without cutting corners (tho don’t know if you can…?) so I probably will. We also visited Kanazawa Station to see if my debit card would work at the ATM. Success! I thought we were just going to visit my school, so I didn’t bring my camera. I wish I had, because the station and downtown were so cool. There are so many stores in the station, and I can see me spending lots of time there XD. If I take the Japanese lessons, I’ll be there twice a week, so I can get pictures.
After, my host mom took me and my host sis to McDonalds. This was the first time I’ve eaten there in 10 years. It was nothing special, but it kinda made me sick after >.<.
It was sunny for the first time since I’ve been here, but still kinda cold. Similar to Canada, lol.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
1 week
Labels:
Japanese,
kanazawa,
kanazawa station,
school,
uniform
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
sounds like it's going alright.. sorry if i sound stalkerish haha. Next year I'm going on exchange to Japan for a month :) Although of course it's not much compared to a year! But anyway I'll be reading your blog :)
Post a Comment