Yesterday, all the International/Culture Studies homerooms, went to a Taiko concert/presentation thing. It was so cool! BTW, taiko are like big, traditional drums.
We there for about an hour and a half. I'm guessing it got a little repetitive for some ppl, because you could see alot of people had dozed off. Even the principal did for a bit XD.
There were 3 guys, and they played all these different drums. They got everyone quite involved, getting them to clap and whatnot. Unfortunately cameras weren't allowed :(. They were really good! They were also really muscular ;). I guess they need 'em cause they hit the drums really hard... One guy's stick even snapped, but he just pulled out another one and kept on playing. Half the time their sticks and hands were just blurs, they were playing so fast!
My, ankle still hurts, so I don't have club today (gives me a chance to write this XD). Also, in PE, I didn't run... again... so the teacher got me to call out the times for each lap. He said I was doing good and was loud enough, but he took the stop watch to call out the final times for people, I guess I was a bit slow... but whatever. I wrote down the times instead. It made me happy that I actually got to do something instead of just sitting there.
Also, I had to go to this meeting today during lunch. I still have no idea what it was for! :S My homeroom teacher just told me to go to the class. They were deciding which people would do what for something. I don't know how I got dragged into volunteering for whatever it was... I'm now the assistant for something/someone... I'm thinking it was maybe the student council were planning for the school festival, but I didn't really understand when the one girl tried to explain it to me. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out >.<
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Taiko
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment