So Saturday (and Sunday) was the Hyaku Goku Man Festival, which is like the biggest festival in Kanazawa. The festival commemorates the entry of Lord Maeda Toshiie into Kanazawa Castle in 1583.
I met up with Helle and Irisz and we went shopping in the morning.
 |
| Clothes I bought |
We then met up with my host mom and host sister at her break dance competition. Unfortunately we didn't get there in time to see her (tho saw it on video later) but everyone was pretty amazing. I met some of her dance buddies, and they were all really nice. We then spent lot of the day watching the competition. My host sis didn't get to the top 10, but a group of her friends did, so we were cheering for them. I think made it to the semi finals :). You can check out my
youtube channel for videos from the break dancing. We kinda felt like bad exchange students, cause we weren't watching the "cultural festival", but the break dancing was more interesting XD.
 |
| "Ancient" firefighter "dancing"on a ladder |
That night, everyone in Kanazawa AFS chapter (and Irisz ;) met up. Irisz proceeded to make us look bad in front of our chapter leader, with her amazing japanese XD. They were quite impressed. After dinner, we danced in the parade. It was awesome! We never learned the dances beforehand, so they just kinda put us on the road and told us to dance. It is now considered the "Humiliate the Foreigners Parade" ;p. It took a bit to get a hang of the 3 different dances, but I had sooo much fun! There were tons of people dancing the traditional dances through downtown, and random people of the street would come and join in.
 |
| Helle, me and Irisz |
 |
| All the ppl in the street downtown |
Sunday, I hung out with the Rotary and AFS exchange students. The Rotary ppl are leaving within the next 2 months, and I will be sad to see them leave. Always good times. ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment