So we had an english test today... in English XD. I had to write it too, and it was really easy. All we had to do was listen to a CD and fill in the blanks on the sheet of paper. I ended up getting one wrong >.<
It wasn't as if I had trouble with understanding something, I just spelled referring wrong... I wrote refering instead. The worst part was, the teacher was looking trough them for the highest mark, and he read mine out loud so the whole class could hear. The whole class turned around and stared at me. I just laughed it off... cause I do find it funny. XD Luckily I still had the highest mark.
In chiri (geography) I don't understand a thing they are doing. The teacher makes me write the really complicated kanji (chinese characters) anyway. He gets really impressed, but I still think they look like crap. He was also impressed that I could understand when he told us what page to go to in the textbook. That's really simple. They were talking about rivers today or something... and he asked me to write Mississippi on the board. I was like "AH?! really? um..." luckily I did end up spelling it right :D.
I sometimes feel that japanese students are a little less aware of the outside world then students from Canada. I guess it's not their fault if they aren't taught it... but the teacher asked where Russia was, and no one answered. I was like "omygawd, really?" O.o... so I ended up answering.
Friday, May 7, 2010
English Fail
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I TOTALLY KNEW THIS TOO!
GOOOO AZRA! :D
ps im sorry for all the comments. i just have to. :P
it's not that they don't know, it's that it's ingrained into them to NEVER answer any questions that teachers throw to the entire class. for example, in english lessons, it'll be the simplest question ever, that about 95% of people will know the correct answer to, but they're all like stunned mullets, the moment a teacher is standing infront of them. if you single one of them out to answer it, they'll ALWAYS know it, they're just too "insecure/worried about getting it wrong/shy infront of teachers to answer.
you'll find yourself getting angrier and angrier at them, get ready for it! :/
Post a Comment